Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Slinkeeee!!



I'm really excited to complete these bracelets that are going to be the first items that I sell in my Etsy and Folksy shops!

I've combined lovely glass tube beads with sterling silver spheres on memory wire and then added my tag. The result is reminiscent of the slinkee toy although sadly they don't walk down the stairs on their own.

They look great worn singly on in combination to make a rainbow cuff, either twisted together to give alternating stripes or stacked on top of one another. I think they're also pretty robust as my test versions have been able to withstand my own and Louis' legendary jewellery wrecking powers.

For even the vaguely handy among you they're pretty simply and quick to replicate. The only tricky part is bending the memory wire at each end of the bracelet. It's tough stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment