Sunday, 9 May 2010

Experiments Dear Boy

I'm well aware that it looks as if I've been a bit slack on the making things front lately but this isn't quite true.  There's a couple of projects that have been causing me knotty, mind bending problems.  But I when I woke up this morning I had a flash of inspiration that may be the end to my crafter's block and  hopefully I'll be able to be show off  something new that I've made soon.

So the family theme that has dominated this week's posts continues.  Louis loves science and was very pleased with the books about experiments that he got for his birthday.  Here's the diver in the bottle that he made yesterday following instructions from the beautifully presented Usborne book, 50 Science Things to Make and Do, which comes highly recommended. It contains instructions for a range of activities which have really inspired Louis.

Here's one we tried earlier - a solar oven.  Sadly, our experiment didn't work out.  Perhaps our bowl was in the wrong position, was too small or the sun just wasn't hot enough.  However it wasn't a complete failure as  we ate the marshmallows that we were trying to cook anyway!  One to be repeated at a later date if and when the sun's rays are a bit hotter when who know's we might be able to generate enough power to dispense we the barbecue altogether!

No comments:

Post a Comment