Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Free Fabric!

Melanie, one of the 'congregation' at my Mini Church of Craft  kindly gave me some fabric that she wasn't going to use. I duly passed it onto Mama Lovelygrey and these are what she made.  It's taken her longer than usual to finish the tulip skirt but that what happens when I order things at the wrong time of year and cut into her prime allotment time!

I love the fishy top that's made from Vogue Pattern  V8649.  The only problem is that when I ordered it, I didn't realise that it was supposed to be made up  in a stretch fabric. But I asked Mama Lovelygrey to go ahead anyway and consequently, my tunic is a little snug.  Still, that's another incentive for shedding a few more pounds or breathing in hard in the interim.

And to compensate for the astronomical price of the Vogue pattern, the skirt is made from a free design called 'Marie' on the Burdastyle website.  It means piecing together lots of downloaded A4 sheets but the end result is worth the hard work.  I think that this will become a summer favourite if and when the weather becomes warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment