Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Pottery Painting with Nana

I wandered over to China Blue today to collect our latest pottery painting creations.  These were made last weekend when Nana Lovelygrey visited and we persuaded her to join in with one of our favourite Mother-Son activities, She made a highly functional potstand for her kitchen.  And I am proud to say that both Nana's and Louis' efforts fulfilled the maxim from William Morris:

'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.'

However I do wonder how many money boxes that Louis can make before they cease to fulfill the criteria of usefulness. He's made three now!

I'm not sure that my piece would be given William Morris' approval for being given house room so, he's being relegated to the garden!    I had nothing planned before my visit so his design was spontaneous and a little haphazard, yet satisfied my lizard fetish

But I have thought that he might like some reptilian friend who will be positioned lurking amongst the veggies to scare off the slugs.  Look out for highly designed Lizard Mk 2 (aboriginal style) after our next China Blue visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment