Saturday, 9 October 2010

Curtains for Curtains

Mama Lovelygrey and her ancient sewing machine are back!  The amount of time she needs to spend on her allotment diminishes over the winter and she insists that she get bored.  So, out of the goodness of my heart to preserve her sanity until courgette planting season arrives,  I've  put her to work again!   Back in July I mentioned that I'd bought some curtains in a charity shop.  When Mama Lovelygrey was visiting in August, I passed them to her and this is how they have been given a new lease of life.

Again, Simplicity 4401 has been used to create this lovely elegant fishtail skirt, the fifth from this  pattern which is suggested as an eveningwear design.  This is the first however in a heavier weight material which makes it ideal for winter wear.  Total cost was about £4, which isn't bad for a piece of clothing destined to be a much loved favourite even though my esteemed colleague Mr. Metrosexual thinks that the cloth should have been recycled into cushions.  But I disagree so, thanks once again Mama Lovelygrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment