Thursday, 28 October 2010

Mama's First Wintery Makes

Since I wrote 'Sleeves' Mama Lovelygrey has beavered away and the first of my new winter dresses has arrived in the post, a royal blue tunic length corduroy dress made from the much tried and tested Simplicity pattern 2926 that's going to look great with long boots, leggings and a cosy cardie.
Unfortunately I never do my Mum's designs justice.  Although I occasionally astonish myself with some of the pictures that I produce with my camera phone my fashion shoots are miles away from clinching me a photo shoot with Vogue magazine.    I don't think pictures of me wearing the clothes are going to be any better either as I'm the most unphotogenic person in the world.  But before the next longline patterned version of this garment arrives, I'll try and think of a way to depict it in a way that shows of Mama Lovelygrey's tremendous craftmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment