Friday, 22 October 2010

Sleeves!

I'm getting full use out of my winter wardrobe now.  My padded gilet is keeping me toastie when I cycle to the school to retrieve Louis and I'm wearing the short skirts that are banished from use in summer because my legs are too, well rhino-ish.  However thick black tights cover a multitude of sins.

When I plannned my winter wardrobe this year I wanted to rectify an oemission.  I have no winter dresses.  Now, I like 'frocks'.  They look smart and make me feel as if I'm wearing a comfy nightie in the daytime.  So, two lots of material have been shipped to Mama Lovelygrey.

For the moment though she's been content to send me sleeves made of old sheets.  That's because I'm being awkward and want a pattern adapted.  Mama Lovelygrey's used Simplicity pattern 2926 before.  It's a beaut and I always get compliments when I wear the things that she's made from it.  But I wanted a version with less puffy arms.  Now finally, clever sausage that she is, Mama Lovelygrey has sussed it and I'm looking forward to showing off the final versions of my cosy dresses shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment