Saturday, 2 October 2010

So Excited!

I wanted to write this post the other day but had a crisis because I'd lost  'Brain 2',  my mobile phone/camera/diary/address book.  Without it I cannot function let alone take the pictures that illustrate my blog.  Happily it turned up after a long search which entailed wandering around everywhere I'd been ringing its number until I heard its cool jazz ringtone.

But I digress.  What I really want to write about is the silver jewellery class that I'm attending after  a two year wait as it clashed with yoga in 2009.   My lovely teacher, Lizzie, has told me that my aim of being able to solder, file and cut silver as second nature without having an internal crisis, is achievable and I'm starting off by learning the fine art of design.

Here's my sketchbook from week 1 and also a copper pendant that I produced on the taster session.  It was the first time that I've produced a piece in this metal which will be used to mock up designs that will eventually be made  in silver.

You might also notice some small dots at the top of the page and I have a confession.  Just after writing my 'Use it Up' post I was forced to shop.  I've been tempted by Manchester Minerals vast collection of cut gemstones and bought three, topaz, smoky quartz and moonstone to make some bezelled rings.  Oh and I threw in a ring clamp too.  Lizzie... it's all your fault!

No comments:

Post a Comment