Thursday, 18 November 2010

Sorry Mama Lovelygrey: I've Kept You Waiting

I've mentioned before that I am no David Bailey when it comes to fashion shoots and have been pondering over how I could show off newly made clothes to better effect by improving my photographic composition. But Mama Lovelygrey, one of my loyalist blog readers, sent me a new dress over a week ago now and I still haven't come up with a solution. Rather than let her think I'd gone silent because of a secret dislike of her latest creation,  I thought I'd better hurry up and post something just to let her know that I love it!
This is the finished article that I spoke about in 'Sleeves' a few weeks back, a bastardised version of Simplicity pattern 2926 made after a trial and error approach to changing the arms on the original design to a longer length.  It's my fifth garment made from this pattern which has turned out to be a very economical buy.  I love the atomic designs from the '50s and have devoted a small section to these in the resource section of my jewellery workbook.  Some of those funky graphics could come in handy incorporated into a future pendant.  This  fabric reminds me of those retro designs and  the dress is one I'll be likely to be wearing again and again.   Thanks Mama Lovelygrey and also for reading my posts again and again! xxx

1 comment: