Sunday, 26 December 2010

Pressies!

Well, Christmas Day is over and most of our pressies are open.  A pair of guns with one thousand plastic pellets that I picked up in a charity shop for £1.50 have gone down a storm with my son.  Proof indeed that you don't have to spend a lot of money to keep a child happy.

Although there's a geeneral present amnesty amongst the adults of the family, Mr Lovelygrey and I swap gifts and Louis buys everyone a small treat from his school's Christmas Fayre to help him appreciate that this is a time for giving as well as receiving.   Now Mr Lovelygrey gets himself into a tizz if he has to find presents himself so I sometimes end up buying my own.  I'm sure that this can't be unfamiliar to other women out there.

Anyway, I thought it was time I bit the bullet and purchased Lizzie Sander's beautiful form folded jellyfish that I've been coveting since the summer.  A contribution towards the cost of this will romantically pass from Mr Lovelygrey's bank account to my own! 


But my Christmas has not been completely surprise free.  There's a beautful pots of hyacinth bulbs from my brother in law and his wife and  my clever sister in law brought us a lovely hamper  pictured here in all its glory before it was rifled.  It's  filled with goodies that are all home made; sloe gin, cherry brandy, biscotti, Nigella's sweet and salty nut crunch bars, lemon curd and chutney.   Justification indeed to  throw aside any worries about giving hand crafted offering rather than bought gifts.  More proof of this tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment