Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Fool!

No, this is not a cry of abuse to another mortal.   I am referring to myself  because for a few weeks,  I'd let my 'To Do list' slip.

Now I've written in a previous post  about how useful it is for me to itemise my chores on Outlook on my phone and how much pleasure I get from simply ticking a box when I've completed a task.   As I've been ultra-busy lately I'd been omitting the recording part and just doing the crossing off in the misguided belief that the reduced number of items on the list would make me feel better.   Not so, instead I was just confused and panicky because I'd forgotten half of the things that I'd needed to do.

So yesterday I pulled myself together and took a deep breath.  I sat down and quantified everything that I thought should have been included.  Throughout the day I added things that I'd missed the first time around.   And surprise, surprise the tally shot up to an alarming figure  but the funny thing is that now I've got the full picture recorded I'm able to stop worrying and tick them off faster!

1 comment:

  1. I am just the same. I have a to do list at work that is living and btreathing and updated throughout the day and one for home at the weekends.
    That sounds really organised doesn't it, but in reality I find if I don't have a list I start panicing and thinking of all the things I have to do, whereas when they are all written down, they are easily do able.
    I ike to have a paper list and even sometimes use highlighter pens to help me identify the tasks!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete