Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Olden Days Bling


At this stressful time where our team have too much work and too little staff I'm going against the inner workaholic and treating lunchtime as sacrosanct.  It's one of the little things  that's helping me keep my cool and remain effective.  I'm trying to ring the changes and do different things. At around midday a few weeks ago, I was passing  Dartington Cider Press  where there are a number of 'boutique' shops.  I decided to drop in to 'snap' the daffodils that had caught my eye on my journey to work.  These have already been featured in a previous post.

Now this is a dangerous place with shops full of artisan produced objects Thankfully willpower was on my side that day and my purse remained snapped shut. But just a teeny weeny bit of auto-suggestion might have been enough to buy a piece of this jewellery produced by the Roman Glass Company which couples finds from archeological digs with contemporary settings to brilliant effect. Now, I've a feeling that some might frown on using 'little bits of history' like this, but I think it's a great way of showing off the craftsmanship of our ancestors. After all, what would happen to these glass fragments otherwise. After all, even though they're around two thousand years old they have little extrinsic value and would probably end up mouldering in a dusty specimen drawer, never to be individually admired again.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your holiday over here.
    Lovely weather
    I have left something for you on my blog. You might like to pop over and colect it
    Sue
    http://piggiesheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete