Sunday, 26 June 2011

One I Made Earlier: Fish Bracelet


I'm late posting today but my bed and I had a lie in.   This should be the prerogative of every early bird from time to time.   Now, I realise that my creative juices have not been running as freely as I would like at the present.  Although things are in the offing nothing has been completed for a while.  So much for my plan to finish one item a month.  Still, there's still half of 2011 left to play catch up.

At the beginning of my blogging career I did a series of posts about earlier things I'd made and thought I'd near exhausted the supply of goodies around the home.   But yesterday I came across this fish, my first ever jewellery make.  I have to say I'm rather pleased with it.

For those of you wealthy readers who fancy playing with some silver but don't know where to start I cannot recommend the courses at the Mid Cornwall School of Jewellery highly enough.  The tuition in the small classes, run in their beautifully situated and well equipped workshop is excellent.    This piece, produced in a weekend used a variety of basic skills taught over two days; cutting, soldering, bending wire, filing and polishing which gave me the confidence to proceed further in a hobby which is immensely rewarding - when I have the time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment