Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Something to Crow About

I finally won the formidable soldering challenge that I set myself at evening class yesterday and with any luck I'll have a completed brass, silver and copper pendant to show off shortly.  In the meantime let me share some finished shinies. Not my own work I'm afraid although I'd be mighty chuffed if I could produce stuff of this standard.  These pieces come from Becky Crow, a jewellery designer who won the accolade of being my favourite exhibitor at  Bovey Tracey's Contemporary Craft Fair last weekend.   Believe me, if I had a spare £900 I would have snapped up 'Higher, Longer, Wider, Deeper' like a shot.  For the minute, I'll just have to admire my piccies and think about how I can use this talented craftsperson's highly original, techincally stunning and whimsical work as inspiration for my own!

2 comments:

  1. I may not have been to the Fair, but I think if I had, i'd also have been yearning for would be the 'Higher, Longer, Wider, Deeper' set. Amazing! Looking forward to seeing the results of your soldering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so unusual. I'd love the imagination to come up with such stunning pieces. Regards Sally

    ReplyDelete