Tuesday, 26 July 2011

The Woosiest Festival Goer in the World... Ever!

Mr Lovelygrey has categorically stated that he will never, ever, ever go to a festival again - ever.  He added that he would prefer a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!  'Ooh! Can I do that then?' said Louis, his eight year old proclivity to violence now  in full bloom.  'No!' was my rather unsurprising reply.

Anyway, to be honest, I have to say that I hadn't been looking forward to Chagstock  myself this year.  With my energy levels at an all-time low I couldn't see how it would be possible to pack the car, drive the fifteen odd miles to get there and then pitch a tent.  And all this after a visit to my counsellor in the morning.   Pathetic isn't it?  But seeing as I'd bought the tickets in advance and Louis would have been really disappointed to miss it, I mustered up all my reserves and headed off to the northernmost reaches of Dartmoor.  I have to say that I'm glad I did.

Once we'd pitched camp and water had been fetched, my usual responsibilities of personal grooming  and household chores were honed to the bare mimimum.  Chanel, wet wipe rubs and teeth clleaning sufficed on the hygiene front and I cooked and cleared away a total of  just three simple meals, relying a little more than usual on catering concessions.  This left me with loads of  luxurious free time to lounge around chatting, doing a bit of needlepoint and listening to that cool music man!  Louis ran around the site with a varied gang of small boys in tow and forgot about electronic games and gadgets for the entire weekend.    But instread of revelling into the middle of the night, we  sensibly wimped out early and were safely tucked into our sleeping bags  by 8:30pm.  Sadly I didn't see the Magic Numbers or the 3 Daft Monkeys in the flesh but they sounded great from my snuggly spot a couple of fields away!

The weekend was enlightening from a health perspective.  It made me realise that, to get well again, I need to work out how to seriously up the amount of chilling time that I allow myself  in the home environment.    The responsibility of daily, domestic life seems so onerous at the moment.  Normal chores are no longer second nature. and I'm either crashing out with exhaustion or rushing around trying to get the things that I've neglected..   Lesson learnt and now I've got to work on a plan and get a move on putting it into action before my unhelpful routine becomes set in stone. But if I need reminding if I end up back in blue assed fly mode?   I'll come back to this post.

My musical recommendation from the weekend is Rodney Branigan, ,  Check out this  cute looking Texan who, on some of his tracks,  accompanies his own great singing voice  and plays two guitars at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. I have never been to a music festival, but I've always wanted to. Be kind to yourself and take it easy x

    ReplyDelete