Friday, 26 August 2011

The Girly Fairy in All of Us

A few months back a workmate asked me to mend a favourite necklace  and presented me with a purse containing findings, a pretty plump heart, some of the freshwater pink pearls and a few of the cylindrical beads that had been incorporated into her original purchase. I rebuilt it on memory wire, added some larger silver tubes of my own to help make up the loss of length caused by  some of the original pieces being  irretrievable from the nest of a magpie where they must have ended up.  Here is my finished makeover with some of the other bits and pieces I've recently repaired.

I was strangely attracted to this necklace in spite of the fact that I'm not really uber-feminine in taste.  Pinkness and hearts aren't  normally my bag.  But I'd thought I'd make my own homage and this is the result.  Again I've used the tubular silver beads and pastel pearls but I've even taken the girly thing a step further and used a Thai Silver fairy as a centrepiece.  Now, all I need to do is something completely out of character, don a flouncy dress and model my new creation!

1 comment:

  1. I like your version a lot better. My preference would be for fairies rather than hearts. You are very good at making jewellery, do you sell them anywhere?

    ReplyDelete