Monday, 5 September 2011

Making the Best of Bed Rest

I kid you not - image was 'stolen' from a fishing holiday website!
Yes, I'm still hospitalised but have moved to Club Class.  My lovely multi-angled undulating bed was whipped away sneakily when I went for a scan and replaced by standard hospital fare.  Let's hope that there's not a further move to economy later.

Things didn't go to plan yesterday.  Rather than being an infected lurgy, my appendix is a nice healthy pink sock-like structure attached to my colon.  Ah! that's where the missing ones go when they're mysteriously disappear in the wash. So off for a CT scan today which has revealed a twisted girly tube which has caused swelling the size of an apple. Yuck! On to two days of intravenous antibiotics and then, fingers crossed, I can go home.  Yippee!!

There's a bit more time to contemplate my navel, looking a bit manky after keyhole investigations. At least the kind surgeon didn't turn me into an alien!  It's also affords an opportunity to make a start on that plan that's got to be on at least 50 per cent of other people's 'To Do' lists - write that novel, which, of course, will be a rip roaring bestseller!

So lets make headway whilst there's lounging time to spare.  Armed with the crankiest touchscreen keyboard in the  world, Google Documents and a plan of action outlined on the http://peacecorpswriters.org website I'm making a start and knowing my incredible ability to procrastinate my literary masterpiece should be finished in, oh, about ten years.  After all there's nothing to say that the 100 days expected for completion should be consecutive!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry to hear that you're in hospital! Good luck with the novel. Have you ever come across NANOWRIMO?
    Get well soon!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm so sorry to read you're in hospital (missed yesterday's post) and hope the antibiotics sort you out sharpish and that the pain will soon be just a memory. Hats off to you for managing to blog in spite of all this - dedication or what?
    Get well soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sorry to hear you're in hospital. Funny, the only time I was ever in one, I too was certain my life as a best-selling novelist was about to begin! Alas, it didn't. Get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete