Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Just like Lovelygrey!

"I was driving to work and there you were on a poster!".  That was the gist of the message that I received yesterday from Tanya who posted on my wall on Facebook.    No I haven't become famous overnight I'm more than happy to say.  The thought of being caught by the paparazzi whilst putting the bin out in my gnarly jim jams and pink crocs does not appeal.  My double is in fact Joan Baez who's going to be playing at the Plymouth Pavillions on the eve of Christmas Eve. So, as not to be mistaken for Bob Dylan's exe I will be holing up on the same night at the other end of the West Country in the motorhome at the Caravan Club site in Bristol.

Now Joannie doesn't look terribly like me once she reveals her features.  Louis wasn't fooled at all.  An eight year old knows his mama from a couple of miles away.  But I can see Tanya's point and am proud to post a picture of another woman who hasn't succumbed to the marketing of the dye manufacturers and is living proof that grey can be great and not ageing at all.  Who'd guess from this funky shot that she's a day older than me and not, surprisingly a septuagenerian!

5 comments:

  1. What a fab comparison! If I were you I'd milk it and hang around after the gig offering autographs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should start going everywhere with flower throwers as it's a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will try to get a replica pic of myself taken when I'm less busy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with grey hair, I just wish mine would go completely white.

    ReplyDelete