Saturday, 10 December 2011

Bah! B&Q

There's an advert B&Q have run over the last few months that really gets my goat.  It urges us to rush to their stores and buy power tools for Dad this Christmas.  Just how sexist can you get?  This mum lurves meaty drills and the like herself and indeed has been known to run around the house with DIY kit in hand pretending that she is Lara Croft with a great big gun.

My craft tools are amongst my prize possessions - almost loved as much as my child. Okay - so I'm exaggerating but you get the picture about what they mean to me.  So, it is with much woe I have to announce that I have spent vast portions of the day fruitlessly searching for my lost pair of metal snips.  When, I at last find them I'll have to find something to celebrate along the lines of killing a fatted calf in honour of my lost son coming home.  Alright again I'm going over the top.  But their discovery might be a perfect excuse to have a celebratory bar of chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, I hope you find them - if only for the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete