Monday, 12 December 2011

Dear Santa.....

.........just to let you know that if everyone was like me you, Rudolph, Dasher, Dancer and the rest of the reindeer would be well and truly out of business!  Believe me I've been giving the matter enormous thought and, in spite of stretching the old grey matter to its extremes, I can honestly say that, probably for the first time ever,  I haven't come up with anything I'd like for Christmas  I'm entirely happy with my lot and there's nothing that I want or need at the moment.  I have to say that I'm finding this a truly lovely state of mind.

Okay, you'll still need to visit the Lovelygrey family although not at our home. We'll be on the banks of the River Avon in Bristol holed up in the motorhome.  Just look for a van with its ceiling vent open and I hope you'll be able to squeeze through it in lieu of a chimney.  After all I wouldn't want to deny our nipper his normal stash of new toys.  He doesn't yet appreciate the less is more mantra.  So, you'll find his stocking hanging up where we normally keep the tea towel.  And of course there'll be the usual tipple and snacks for you and the reindeer.   But don't think of leaving anything for me just in case I change my mind.  Not even a scented candle that allegedly, according to Radio 4, is a must have item these days. I've still got the ones that arrived last year!


Lovelygrey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment