Friday, 2 December 2011

No Glitterballs for Me!

It's Friday night - whoop! whoop!  If  we flashback to my youth, I would, no doubt, be getting my glad rags on and starting the weekend by going out on the town - drinks, a meal, a club, a party.  Who knows what the night would hold.

Lets move forward in time to the present and  I'm now in my mid forties. It's been a hard week at work and the idea of embarking on a flurry of activity so close to bedtime seems an anathema.  I've had fish and chips for tea and am now sitting in my reclining chair wearing a cosy cardie and slippers, drinking a big mug of tea.  Once I've finished writing there's a book to read and a good night's sleep to be had.  I'm as happy as Larry, whoever he is, and don't feel like a social outcast because it's the weekend and I've got nowhere to go.  It just goes to show how times have changed.  What would my nineteen year old self think?

No comments:

Post a Comment