Unfortunately though I'm not giving you her delicious recipe today. I'll do so at a later date when I can add a piccie. No, what I'm going to talk about is the lie, aka porky pie to Cockney's versed in rhyming slang, that I told yesterday. By way of stringing out the festive season and being obtuse, the illustration is allegedly of a mince pie and not the pig filled variety.
|Picture: Michael Maggs|
- I'd like to finally make it to Lundy Island. Let's hope the locals don't go down with a tummy bug that closes the island like they did last time I booked a trip there.
- I want to play with paper and fabric more and was inspired by a special exhibit at the Devon Guild of Crafts yesterday by Helen Edwards. Now there's a non-specific goal if ever I saw one!
- May this be the year that I drop down to working a four day week in the NHS and start living my dream of having a patchwork like income stream.
- ..and following on from this I'd like to be paid to write something, even a teeny weeny sum to get the ball rolling.
- It would be nice to think that I could stick to acquiring just twelve secondhand or homemade items of clothing although I'd have to exclude underwear from this total as mine's in a pitiful state. If I were involved in a car crash I'd be eternally mortified. Shoes are a tricky one too. I'm not an Imelda Marcos but my feet are so fussy these days that I'll have to replace any of my few comfy pairs with similar offerings if any wear out.
- Okay this is such a cliche but may this be the year that I finally get thin and fit and stay like it!
- All of a sudden, for the first time in my life I'm bothered by the state of my cuticles so I'm toying with the idea of a manicure to see whether this will be monumentally life changing.
- I want to learn to drive the motorhome even though it's a hulking beast of a thing and I'm visuo-spatially deficient.
- Even though there's no pay rise, a salary decrease due to hours being cut and more pension contributions to pay I'd still like to up my charitable giving - even if it's just a bit.
- And finally.....my dormant pottery gene is stirring and an idea for making a great bit coil pot just isn't go away!