Sunday, 1 January 2012

Taking 2012 as It Comes


Happy New Year to you all!

In spite of my best intentions to kip through until daylight  I was awakened by a firework display at the local football club and thus inadvertently saw in the New Year  in the wee small hours - 12:01am to be exact.  It used to that festive flame throwing was purely an annual event reserved for early evening on Guy Fawkes night but no more.  Now it seems that the Brits look for any excuse to light a fuse  and don't mind doing so at the expense of the sleep of party poopers among us!

Anyway......the big lesson that I learnt in 2011 is that plans can drastically change.   So rather than thinking that I can meticulously organise what I'm going to do in 2012, I'm approaching the next 366 days with a laissez faire approach. Sure there are places and people to visit and things to make and do.  Of course I've got an idea of what the year may hold but I know that there's a whole lot more stuff that's going to happen that I can't even imagine!


1 comment:

  1. It's always good to 'go with the flow!' happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete