Monday, 13 February 2012

A Small Offering from Mr Gray!

Hmm!   Guess why I've become interested in the anatomy of the knee all of a sudden.  Icy slope, hard turn and ping!  The sound of ligaments snapping must be music to a private medic's ears.  It may be someone somewhere's way of telling me I needed to slow down again.  Good job I updated the travel insurance before I came out here.

Still it was a great second day on the slopes before my piste activity has been ended so abruptly.  Beautiful long runs through forested areas tempted us to make one last trip out before lunch to a much more exposed area  where the wind whistled and send blustery clumps of snow in the direction of our faces.

I'm going to adopt a 'Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm' approach to my latest setback.   To get back to health is going to need rigid compliance with a physiotherapy regime which may be just what I need to return to the levels of fitness that I've been hankering to achieve since I started to get poorly this time last year.   And for the next few days I'll send Louis off to ski school whilst I relax with a beer and a book and look out on snowy vistas.  It can't all be bad!

4 comments:

  1. What bad luck, I hope that you are not in too much pain. I guess the beers might help in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beer is the anaesthetic of the masses - and poorly skiers! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear that's a shame. Are there any hunky males around to ogle, I love those tight fitting colourful ski suits :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. Glad you can see the possibility of positives coming out of your mishap! Enjoy the peace and quiet with you beer and book!

    ReplyDelete