Thursday, 23 February 2012

Ring Ring

A quick one today seeing that I'm a busy bunny at the moment.  I'm starting to get into the throws of telling all my friends about my change of address and have just finished a call to Penny the Sloane.  The origin of her nickname  endowed by colleagues in the accountancy firm where I used to work?  Well she's blonde and has a posh voice, she skis, sails and horse rides and was brought up on a farm.   And she definitely does not share my pinko lefty tendencies.   In fact if you mixed us together we'd make a very nice shade of purple. Need I say more.  But she's one of the nicest most down to earth people I've ever met, shares my own rebellious unconventional spirit and I haven't spoken to her for ages.

It's occurred to me after our conversation that one of the markers of a good friend is that it doesn't matter how often you speak just as long as the relationship picks up again where its started.  The good news is that P:enny and her family are moving back down to Devon from the wild Yorkshire moors later in the year.  I can't wait!


1 comment:

  1. That certainly is the mark of a true friendship. I hope that you'll find more time to spend together when she moves back.ntionrn

    ReplyDelete