Thursday, 14 June 2012

Dear Leonard.....

Photo by Rama
There's a veritable throng of twinkling stars in my very own cosmos on the cosmic ordering site now following the success  of my request for a replacement soda stream bottle lid.  Another small wish was 'granted' too.  My dear friend and esteemed colleague Mr Metrosexual had a garden party last month.  He is no chef and muggins here agreed to don her pinny and rustle up a feast. What thanks did I get?  Loads of grumbling about how I'd nicked his grill pan!   I submitted an order so that he'd get it back and so the moaning would cease.  Ch-ching! Peace was restored. It was soon discovered wedged  against the back wall of his oven and not in my treasure trove of loot after all.

When sending my requests out to the universe I'm mindful of the maxim 'Be Careful What You Wish For'.  So, there's no fast cars or riches beyond belief.  Instead, my hope is that a few lost things will be found, the future will be a bit brighter for others around me and that some small value items that seem impossible to replace will come my way.  A glass jug for my blender, for example as the old one came out the worse in a fight with the kitchen floor. But there's one big 'wish' out there and for it to be granted seems beyond my wildest dreams but....

...Dear Leonard Cohen

To thank you for all the pleasure that your masterly music has given me I have lit a star in my universe wishing  you would come to tea.  I could rustle up a traditional Devonian number with scones, jams and clotted cream but isn't your home base California?  If so, the eating habits of the locals may have rubbed off and you might prefer something healthier.  Bean shoots perhaps?  Anyway let me know when you're coming and I'll get baking (or sprouting!)

Lovelygrey

3 comments:

  1. Or you could feed him tea and oranges that come all the way from China.............


    Sigh...... Wouldn't it be a DREAM COME TRUE if he came to tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Leonard does come round for tea, give me a shout. I'll pop down and join you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea and oranges...now that's an idea!

    ReplyDelete