Sunday, 22 July 2012

Home Alone :{

What a totally wonderful weekend I've had with my child at Chagstock!  We've had a brilliant time together imbibing a wonderful family friendly atmosphere and pursuing our own interests in close proximity of each other.

A fortnight ago I walked down a local lane hand in hand with my nine year old and thought how precious those moments were.  The realisation  came to me that my days of doing this are well and truly numbered.  Soon  this type of ultra uncool show of affection just won't be de rigeuer anymore. 

Today was a landmark in my son's development.  I've 'dumped' him at Scout camp, a mobile phone free zone where  he'll remain incommunicado for the rest of the week.  I'm sure he's going to have a great time grubbing around in the dirt, playing with his mates and growing up in the process. But  I've had to hide my feelings so that Louis is not concerned about leaving me 'Home Alone'.  This monumental stage in the  parent-child relationship, leading up to a time when he'll eventually leave the nest altogether has been much harder for me than I've expected.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. You've brought him up to be a happy, well balanced child. He'll have a brilliant time and will be so preoccupied with what he is doing, and he'll come back with loads of stories. Chin up.

    ReplyDelete