Monday, 16 July 2012

Lovelygrey's Gym

Drastic times call for drastic measures.  I've already forked out on a new wardrobe to tied me through my fat-assed phase.  Should I bite the bullet and stump up for membership of a fancy leisure club too?  Hell no!  Let's get out in the open instead.

Here's a rundown of my fitness equipment that's going to get me back into tiptop shape.  I'll start with the good old iron horse that's recently been revamped.  It's meant that I've had to relearn to ride a bike which actually has working brakes.  That came as a bit of a shock to come to a halt without pawing at the ground like an angry bull.

Right, what else have we got instead of the rower, weight machines and a cross trainer?  There's my swimming costume, some smelly old running shoes and walking boots.  And this spectacular piece of kit, a snip at £99 from Asda.  I  conned Mama and Papa Lovelygrey into thinking that they were contributing towards a present solely for their beloved grandson when they forked out half of its cost and helped in the assembly process.  How were they to know that I had ulterior motives.  It was always going to be shared with their grown up daughter who's longed for a trampoline of her own since childhood.

So, now I'm scaring the neighbours by indulging in some bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!  But I'm reaping the rewards of looking a more than a little ridiculous.  All that jumping up and down has built up the muscles around my knees and these now compensate for my lack of a cruciate ligament snapped during  my February half term ski holiday .  My orthopaedic consultant has agreed that a  return to the slopes without major surgery is now within my grasp. The money saved by  forgoing the privilege of exercising in air conditioned purgatory will go a long way towards the flights and accommodation for some good outdoor fun in the Pyrenean snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment