Sunday, 26 August 2012

Dirt Cheap Data Download Solution!


Well, it’s been a week and I’m now back to the land of connectivity in a campsite with free, albeit sluggish and unreliable, Wi-fi.  Download speed here mean you'll only get one picture each post from here!  Here's Louis on our very own beach on the Ile de Batz.  This little ditty  was prepared on Saturday but may not been published until Sunday or beyond, given the ropiness of the signal here.  Who would have thought five years ago that being without the Internet would have been such a big deal.

In my last post I said that I’d crack those high data charges when abroad and I most certainly have.  However, it’s not been done by finding the best deal that a European provider can sell me.  I’ve been visiting remote beautiful parts of Brittany where bakeries rather than phone shops are de rigueur.  It’s meant that I’ve had to go back in time, revisit my Luddite past and  do without the ability to communicate on a worldwide platform.  Instead I’ve read, sewn, swam in the sea, snoozed, cycled, beachcombed and trashed the nuts off Louis playing Top Trumps Sharks.   And my low tech solution has cost de nada, not a bean, b*gger all. That’ll go some way towards offsetting those sneaky creepy increases in food and fuel costs on Mainland Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment