Monday, 3 September 2012

First Day Back in the Office!

The first day back after being away is always a bummer.  I headed into base in Totnes at 9am to collect my stuff saying 'I'm not here, I'm not here.'  Only it seemed that my invisibility shield was broken and something had been brewing whilst I was away.  It necessitated scheduling in two more appointments in an already packed week.  But then I am the occupational therapy octopus after all.  With my steering wheel in one arm and juggling balls with my remaining seven I hurtled across Dartmoor to Tavistock and was amazingly only five minutes late for my first, ten o' clock visit.

An hour and a cup of tea later I desperately needed a wee. However I've got this mad  that it's unprofessional to ask to use the loo in client's homes.  It's far better to nip up to the nearest patch of deserted moorland and risk life and tender female parts in thistles behind tall bracken.  Just enough time before my next call to write up notes on my laptop.  I thought that not a living soul was around until I looked up and found my mobile workplace surrounded by these  beasties.  Can the curiosity of calves compromise NHS confidentiality?

No comments:

Post a Comment