Friday, 5 October 2012

No More Babies!

One of the reasons I've been blogging less about  my own endeavours than I'd like of late is that I've been doing less.  For months now, fatigue has overwhelmed me and this has been potentially dangerous on a couple of occasions when I've found myself almost falling asleep at the wheel.  Yikes!  So, off  to see the nice practice nurse at my local GP surgery who referred me to the blood sucking lady The results are back and confirmed what I already knew.

The gynae surgeons performed various  emergency ectomies last year.  However they crossed their fingers and left me an ovary to try and stave off the menopause,  It hasn't worked but I'd pretty much guessed that already.   The hot flushes, that would have potentially helped me save on this winter's fuel bills were a bit of a giveaway.  But I won't be doing a Cherie Blair and producing bountiful offspring in my mid-forties.  Louis will never have a baby brother or sister.  And all we both can say is 'Thank Goodness for that!'

Because of the danger to driving and the nature of my job that involves spending hours on the road this week, I've thought carefully and decided to go for hormone replacement therapy.  It's a bit of a minefield but I've been reassured that at no stage of the process will any horse be hurt.  There are alternatives to mare's urine these days!  With symptoms alleviated I might have to stock up on woolly jumpers once my physiological temperature regulation is retuned.  And who knows I might have the energy to keep warm by exercising again!

3 comments:

  1. Must be a nightmare to have to cope with that, my mother suffered terribly with hot flushes. Hope your therapy does it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hysterectomy in Feb and so far no symptoms of the menopause.
    I wish you well and good luck
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I forgot about the Evening Primrose idea. I'll give that a go! x

    ReplyDelete