Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Forces of Darkness at Lovelygrey Cottage

Not one but three major bits of stuff have given up the ghost in Lovelygrey Cottage over the space of just three or four days.  I've already sourced a replacement for the vacuum cleaner, a recently serviced Dyson DC02 on Ebay for a rather respectable £10.50.  But now my 20 year old plus sewing machine has died and gone to heaven, courtesy of an irreplaceable perished plastic cog.  More spectacularly, without even the merest sniff of hot rumpy pumpy action, my bed  collapsed in the middle of the night.  Papa Lovelygrey kindly put legs to raise my futon bed to an acceptable height for a middle aged woman.  Alas,  I was unable to challenge the rules of Newtonian physics.  The forces exerted on the frame were all wrong causing one of the rather substantial main struts to snap in two.  The moral of this story?  Don't think that you can get the better of natural laws!

Anyway my hoover bargain has got me thinking and I've set myself a challenge that I, and my fellow thrifters know is highly achievable.  Can I replace all three items for less than a hundred quid?

3 comments:

  1. What naughty possessions you have! I think it's very mean of them to give up on you at this time of year, but I'm sure you'll manage your challenge! Good luck and may the force be with you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried your local Freecycle? It's a great way to get items that are perfectly servicable but surplus to requirements.
    ps love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. free cycle and ebay no probs !

    ReplyDelete