Thursday, 8 November 2012

In Bed With Janet!


Yay!   I had a teensy bit of leave that I didn't need to use up on our travels in school holidays.  So I decided to treat myself to a mini-break and go someone in Britain that I'd ne'er visited before.

After work yesterday evening I headed off and arrived  in a place that I've never visited before.  I've got Janet, my sister in law, in tow for company and we're visiting my niece and her boyfriend who live way up a big hill where we've parked the car - for free of course.  Don't want to waste pounds that can be spent far more meaningfully on having a good time!

Now we can't afford anywhere fancy so I'm making up for a youth that should have been spent travelling around the world and inter railing. In those days though I was too timid for the challenge.   We're in a hostel and it ain't half bad.  A bathroom outside the door, an attic room to ourselves, use of a kitchen, breakfast included and all for the bargain price of  £100 each in one of the most expensive cities in the UK.

So where are we?  Brighton of course!  And this is not some photo I've nicked off the Internet.  It really and truly is the view from our window.  Kipps Hostel  is slap bang in the centre of the city right opposite the Royal Pavillion.  It couldn't get any better.  Even the posh Grand doesn't have this vista.

So what to do, what to do.  Well, there's plenty to see, a plethora of charity shops and a friend to catch up with after more than twenty years. So let's get up out of bed, off that computer, have some tea and toast and get going!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea and so cheap. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful view- enjoy your mini-break.

    ReplyDelete