Monday, 19 November 2012

One for a Wheelie Dealer

I reckon a lot of my regular readers must be like minded souls so at least some of them in the UK must be glued to the inspirational George Clarke's Amazing Spaces on Channel 4.  A wealth of ideas about compact living indeed.  For me I think my favourite space featured was the home transformed from a disused underground public toilet.  Trust me if you didn't catch the show.  It's way, way better than it sounds.

With the spirit of small being beautiful well and truly alive let me show you this object that is so worth lusting over.  It reminds me a little of my own Quechua 4.2 tent but this one has wheels and was way more pricey.  When it was being manufactured that is.  Sadly, the brilliantly conceived Opera wasn't viable for production to be sustained although hope is not lost.  The inventors are looking for international investors who might bring the product back to life again.  Now if I had a few bucks to spare I'd be tempted but the purse strings are tight in Lovelygrey Cottage at the current time.  I'd love to see them on the road again.  So, as a final shot today,  let me tempt any venture capitalists out there with a view of this origami-like amazing space to whet their spending appetites!


2 comments:

  1. The home made in the underground toilet was an absolute gem! I also loved those railway carriages being used as offices in London, although I don't think I would enjoy them in winter because of lack of insulation. What a brilliant tent on wheels you have shown us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful shaped tent but I wouldn't be able to pull it with my tent ..
    That converted toilet was brilliant but I think my favourite so far has been the tiny beach hut in a previous programme.
    Brenda in the Boro
    www.cyclinginthedixthdecade.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete