Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Back in the Swing: Intermittent Fasting

Isn't today's picture, courtesy of Microsoft, with it's patchworky, whimisical, folky feel lovely?  It could be me, in my teenage years before the old bonce turned its trademark grey.  Or maybe not.  I was going through my  adolescent angst period then and probably didn't look this carefree so often.

It won't come as a surprise to learn that I came off the intermittent fasting wagon just before Christmas.  With all that festive fayre it seemed rude not to. And now?  Well, I still haven't returned to my 5:2 diet yet.  Maybe it's this extended cold snap we've had.  I feel hungrier and perhaps my body is telling me that food as daily fuel is required.  I'm well aware too that this could  just be a feeble excuse.

Anyhow.....I'll get back to it in a couple of weeks.  Ultimately it's a way of eating that suits me, once I'm in the swing of things and join fellow foodie Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall who likes it too!  Another great benefit is that it cuts food costs.  Less calories to buy of course, duh!  And now I'm well on the road to getting the other basics for a healthier life right  it's starting to seem that there's an awful lot more time available, perhaps even enough to knock up some delicious restricted calorie recipes to tempt me back!

No comments:

Post a Comment