Monday, 7 January 2013

This Is What I Should Have Had

My attempt to treat myself on Saturday night backfired.  The only money I spent all weekend was £7.50 on a very disappointing Chinese takeaway because I'd been out and felt too tired for any hot kitchen action.  I'd was hankering for Salt and Pepper Squid but alas, it wasn't on the menu.  So instead I settled for King Prawns with Mixed Vegetable in a Honey Sauce.  Sauce my arse!  It was more like ladleful  of stock made with chicken Oxo sweetened with a bit of sugar that did nothing to invigorate the sad selection of veggies.  Gok would be have been very cross.  I won't name the offending business as I'd never been there before.  Who knows they may have just been having an off moment with their wok.  Needless to say though, I won't be going back.

What I should have done was mustered up a bit of energy and made this  colourful, never to be repeated, panful of loveliness a day earlier.  It's  a stir fry of everything fresh and delicious that I had in my fridge.  The first portion was chucked into a tortilla to make my own version of a chimichanga.  The remaining bowlful that's sitting in my fridge will be used up in whatever way takes my fancy over the next couple of days, an eggy creation perhaps or maybe a side dish with some sausages. No, I think I've thought of the perfect use for these leftovers.  I'll have it with a honey sauce with some defrosted prawns!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks appetising. I've found that take-aways are very often quite disappointing. I don't bother with them anymore.

    ReplyDelete