Thursday, 3 January 2013

What I Haven't Bought!

It's a miracle that those no-spend rules that I set for myself about a fortnight ago haven't been broken for I've indulged in a little real and virtual window shopping.  Sob!  Here's what had to stay on the shop shelves.


  • The lovely lambswool Seasalt Ensign jumper, down 50% in this Cornish retailer's sale to just £35.  Let's just stick with their yacht jumper that I bought earlier when I want to conjure up a nautical look.
  • A gorgeous midnight blue velvet Per Una dress in a charity shop for £9.99 rejected because it would have broken those rules but also because I already have a similar maroon dress which I've only had the opportunity to wear once.





  • This dish by the Cornish fused glass artist Jo Downs  banned because I have no further surfaces for it to sit on.  She does make lovely sea themed wall hangings to commission though......
  • A Poole-esque '60s dish in Oxfam, that in earlier times would have been snapped up like a shot, was also vetoed for the same reason!







  • I'd hoped that this tome by Mr F-W might have come my way for Christmas but alas! I didn't hint hard enough.  So, it had to be bypassed on a trip to WH Smith where Louis went to pick up a 2013 Beano Annual for the bargain price of £1.99.









As for my other no-go categories - kitchen gadgets, shop bought lunches, lone tippling juice, crafting stuff, cards and gift wrap - I've survived a fortnight temptation free.  Perhaps another update will be in order when I return to Devon and get back to a normal working life where there are entirely different retail settings and scenarios that could potentially lure me in!


3 comments:

  1. It's hard to resist, but you did magnificently well to walk away. I award you the top prize for cast iron willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise woman, well done. So far this year I have walked away from cheap gift wrap, coffee mugs [possible 'emergency gifts'] 2 jumpers [not really needed] and Jamie's 15 minute meals.

    I have more than enough - and JO and HFW will soon have their books in the library [or I shall shamelessly ask my daughters to lend me their Christmas copies for a week or two]

    new year blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done well. For me keeping out of the shops is a piece of cake, it is online shopping that is the killer.

    ReplyDelete