those no-spend rules that I set for myself about a fortnight ago haven't been broken for I've indulged in a little real and virtual window shopping. Sob! Here's what had to stay on the shop shelves.
- The lovely lambswool Seasalt Ensign jumper, down 50% in this Cornish retailer's sale to just £35. Let's just stick with their yacht jumper that I bought earlier when I want to conjure up a nautical look.
- A gorgeous midnight blue velvet Per Una dress in a charity shop for £9.99 rejected because it would have broken those rules but also because I already have a similar maroon dress which I've only had the opportunity to wear once.
- This dish by the Cornish fused glass artist Jo Downs banned because I have no further surfaces for it to sit on. She does make lovely sea themed wall hangings to commission though......
- A Poole-esque '60s dish in Oxfam, that in earlier times would have been snapped up like a shot, was also vetoed for the same reason!
- I'd hoped that this tome by Mr F-W might have come my way for Christmas but alas! I didn't hint hard enough. So, it had to be bypassed on a trip to WH Smith where Louis went to pick up a 2013 Beano Annual for the bargain price of £1.99.
As for my other no-go categories - kitchen gadgets, shop bought lunches, lone tippling juice, crafting stuff, cards and gift wrap - I've survived a fortnight temptation free. Perhaps another update will be in order when I return to Devon and get back to a normal working life where there are entirely different retail settings and scenarios that could potentially lure me in!