Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Good Morning, Bad Morning?

This is a record of everything that I did on a particularly productive morning a couple of weeks ago.  It was a day that I rose at 6am, bright and bushy tailed, and then managed to do all this before we calmly left home for work and school at 8:30.  Not bad eh?

In contrast, today is seemingly an absolute disaster.  After a long night of tossing and turning I finally got some shut eye.  I remember waking at  6:20am and then deciding to snooze for another five minutes.   Eeek!  I woke up an hour later.  Productivity is almost a big fat zero after from rushing out into the street like the Wild Woman of Borneo to put the green bins out.  I'm  in bad mother mode to boot.  Louis isn't up yet and I'm not contemplating waking him for another fifteen minutes until there's sufficient caffeine coursing around my veins to cope with an ebullient nine year old.

The original idea for this post was conceived when I was feeling rather proud of myself for having done so much in a short space of time.  My inner smug bitch was going to contrast it with a day like today and give myself a good putting down.  But I've added the question mark to my original title.  For it seems that this morning isn't necessarily bad per se.  Under the circumstances I'm doing exactly what I need to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment