Thursday, 7 March 2013

Better Than A Trip To The Dump

I reckoned the resale value of Lou's uncomfy mattresses was approximately zilch.  Thank's to Freecycle though it's been removed from my home with minimal fuss.  The only effort involved was writing a quick post on the organisation's local site and a couple of emails.  I didn't even have to carry it downstairs.  Much to Louis' amusement, it just slid over the banisters and descended the whole flight of stairs under its own steam.

I can't believe that there are people out there reading my blog who haven't come across Freecycle which operates in many countries around the world.  Just in case you haven't I'll use the organisations own succinct description of what they do.

'Freecycle groups match people who have things they want to get rid of with people who can use them.'

That says it in a nutshell.  You can either post details of something that you want to give away or ask the freecycling community if they have something that you need and are prepared to gift you.   How blooming friendly and community spirited is that?

 Remember my bed that collapsed despite the lack of nocturnal slap and tickle (one of today's Guardian crossword solutions!)?  Whilst preparing my post about the mattress I noticed that someone needed some scrap wood.  So, now its old frame is destined for an allotment somewhere near here.  Hearty thanks go to Lisa (mattress lady) and Alistair (wood man) for you have both saved me a trip to the recycling centre! 

No comments:

Post a Comment