Saturday, 2 March 2013

Proper Shopping

Like millions of Brits I've been shopping today.  Not the usual  spontaneous mooch around  charity shops that I love but a  trip  to buy some stuff for the home that  couldn't be readily acquired by digging about in Oxfam, Scope and the like .  I've come away with six jars of half price Options Belgian Choc drink, a new mattress for Lou's bed from Argos and two hand towels from Dunhelm Mill to go in the downstairs cloakroom.  The whole process has left me tired, uninspired and devoid of creativity.  It's not a day's activity that I want to repeat for a very long time.    What's astounding is how many people describe trudging around retail outlets as their favourite leisure activity. It beggars belief!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. It seems we were thinking along the same lines yesterday when we both posted. I couldn't agree more and can only cope with small doses of the high street now. Have a good Sunday. Claire/Just a little less xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more - I hate shopping and would never call it therapy, retail or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete