Friday, 10 May 2013

No Slap

Because I don't wear a stitch of make-up people naturally assume that I'm not too bothered about my appearance.  Bien dans ma peau as my French friends might say. Wrong!  I'm one of the vainest people I know and think that I'm ravishingly gorgeous au naturelle.  As my photo on this blog attests!  Actually my conceit isn't quite this extreme but I  happen to think that I look perfectly okay without slap.  It's a great big time and money saver.  Furthermore many of the blokes that I know don't like the stuff so I still have the allure as Stevie from Miranda would say.  Not that I'm thinking of using it much at the moment but it's there if I need it!

So, I've been more astonished than most to discover from watching a couple of episodes of Superscrimpers that women on seemingly normal incomes spend thousands and thousands of pounds on eyeshadows, lipsticks and the likes.  Now this is a programme that normally dispenses sensible advice but I was disappointed to see that they were encouraging two spendthrifts to go out and buy more, albeit cheaper, cosmetics even though they each had sufficient to make up the whole cast of the Rocky Horror Show for a lifetime!  The moral of this story isn't about going without make up; That's entirely up to you.  What I'm trying to say today, in a rather convoluted way, is don't buy more and more of what you've already got.  That's an addiction not a need.


6 comments:

  1. No slap here either, I'm convinced it makes me look a lot older. As you say, saves loads of time and money by not using it. I've given up with Super Scrimpers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've recently gone back to wearing a bit of paint from time to time, for no other reason than I fancied a change. I'm probably more comfortable without than with but you know, different days, different moods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the reasons I don't wear make up is because of the cost. I keep it for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely wear make-up so it lasts for ages, and as I buy Lacura stuff from Aldi my outlay is minimal. I watched one small segment of an episode of Superscrimpers and that was enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last time I bought slap was 5vears ago,men dont need it nor should women ! I am too time short with a family and full time job to waist spending over half an hour in the mornings to do make up and hair to impress other people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No make up for me either.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete