Sunday, 11 August 2013

And Something Else Really I Didn't Know That I Needed!

Hee hee! I've scored some brownie points.  Louis thinks that I've been a super kind mum as an exercise bike has appeared in his bedroom to play on.  It's really there because it's ugly and I don't want it on show anywhere else in the house.

Never in a month of Sundays did I think that I'd buy anything found in the home fitness section of a department store or indeed Argos where I suspect most of this stuff originates from.  However its been strongly recommended by the lovely physiotherapist that I saw earlier in the week after phoning for an appointment and getting one 48 hours later.  Isn't this  a shining example of the NHS at its best?  Ann pointed out that it'll mean that I can workout daily. and keep the muscles around my poorly knee joint in good condition even the days when I won't feel like exercising outside because it's too cold, dark or windy. The woman is a mind reader!

If you are in the market for exercise equipment don't forget that most items purchased end up unused and taking up precious space.  So, think carefully if you really are going to use the gadget that promises so much but is likely to deliver little as there's almost a 99% certainty it will be a five minute wonder.  If  you're still sure that you need a mini home gym don't buy new.  There's plenty of people out there who want to offload stuff that they bought whilst on a temporary health kick.  Ask around, check freecycle and trawl secondhand sources.  My one?  Well, its an Ebay purchase, has never been used and is less than half of its original purchase price.  And yes, it was bought from Argos!


No comments:

Post a Comment