Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Thought for the Day: The Fight of the Wolves


I'm going to be a bit busy tomorrow morning so I'd thought I'd schedule a quick post ahead this evening.  All I need to do is  a  quick bit of nipping and tucking with the cut and paste function and there now, I've found a picture of a Native American person to serve as a pertinent illustration.  I'd normally reference this but it seems to be freely out there and I can't find the original source.  So  behold I give thanks to the person who wielded the art materials and bring you Cherokee words of wisdom that we've discovered at work and are rather inspired by.


One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, “My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.“One is Evil – It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.  “The other is Good – It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.

1 comment: