Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Moneylending Update

This is Haneefan  from Pakistan.  How do I know that?  Well, because of lendwithcare she owes me money.  You may remember that, with a whole bunch of other strangers, I loaned her a few pounds to expand her shop.  She asked for such a teeny amount, just £112.24 but if her plan works then her income will increase by nearly 50%.  Improving someone's life that much just had to be worth a punt. There's no update on how she's doing but she is paying my original loan back.  So it was time to top up the account a little and see who else could do with a little assistance from the Lovelygrey purse.
I've decided to diversify my portfolio with a different business in another country.  This time I'm hoping that my loan will help Pablito acquire extra wood to expand his furniture business in the Philippines.

Isn't this a brilliant way of helping others?  If I really wanted I could gradually get my money back over time as repayments are made but instead I'm just topping up the pot a little to expand my lending activities.  And wouldn't it be good if there was a similar scheme in this country to help people find their feet?

6 comments:

  1. I've been lending with Lend With Care for about a year now and I've currently got 4 people 'owing' me money. I wait until my balance is back up to £15 (the lowest loan amount) and then loan to a new person. I love being able to help people out and its so interesting reading the different profiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the reminder, I have just signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is an amazing way to give to others and I am so pleased you highlighted it and I took a look at the website. Thankyou and I am going to join and choose who to lend to asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely thrilled that, by writing this, people have joined up! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be your good deed of the week.

    ReplyDelete