Monday, 28 October 2013

Well?

Picture: Newton Abbot People

  • So what did I do with my 25 hour day?  Okay, there was a good bit of sitting around on my butt relaxing.  After all it was part of the weekend.  But I'm fairly pleased with what I achieved which was:
  • Making a lovely breakfast of scrambled egg and bacon served in warm tortilla
  • A nice swim here at Newton Abbot pool to kick off the exercise regime given that it was going to blow a hoolie that would put me off running.
  • My weekly shop which included a shedload of bargain fish from the reduced aisle.  That's now in the freezer for 5:2 fasting days.  I hadn't told you that I was back on this diet plan.  More about progress later.


  • I added Roboform to my computer to help me fill out competition entry forms faster.
  • I covered  the seat of a chair that's the identical twin of this one that I'd previously stripped and re-upholstered.  It's only eighteen months later that I've finally got round to producing a matching pair!
  • More unsuccessful attempts to produce half decent prints from my latest lino cut.  Whatever I do they turn out streaky and horrible.  Is it the ink or the surface of the lino which has been cleaned to within an inch of its life? Goodness knows but it's definitely all part of the learning process for a new craft.
  • After eighteen months where money has been tight due to separation and then acquiring a rental property I've finally set up a monthly ISA savings plan.  I'm using Hargreaves Lansdown as my broker and the Interactive Investor site was really useful in helping me pick my unit trusts.
Photo: Trip Advisor
  • I watched the first episode of Channel 4's new series of George Clarke's Amazing Spaces to keep alive the dream of motorhome living.
  • And finally when all was done and dusted and I was about to cook a lovely tea I had a cry from help from Salty Dog.  She's off to the US tomorrow and wasn't sure whether trains from Plymouth would get her to the airport on time because of 'The Storm'. I've rescued her from Newton Abbot station and will taking her further up the line to Exeter where she has a better chance of catching her flight on time. She treated me to supper at Spice Bazaar in Bovey Tracey.  It's a little gem of a place.  Pretty surroundings, really friendly staff and food that's out of this world!
That's plenty enough and I think that I can say that a longer day than usual wasn't wasted.


No comments:

Post a Comment