- Of course it goes without saying that I get butt naked. Cloth is heavy stuff. Even a G-string would be significant. Not that I wear those at my time in life. Comfy apple catchers are more my bag!
- The weigh-in takes place at the start of the day, the time when experience tells me that I'm likely to be lightest because I haven't yet put anything in my tummy.
- I take off any jewellery and glasses.
- Surely that plaster on my finger needs to be whipped off too.
- If hair needs a trim I'll do that beforehand ....
- ...and I'll cut my nails! Those on this model here look a tad too long.
- Do you think that epilating my legs could make a difference as well? How about plucking eyebrows?
- Naturally there's a visit to powder my nose beforehand. Of course that's a euphemism as real make up would add weight.
Finally, finally I find the place on the floor where the scales seem to be the kindest, breathe out fully and step on. Will all my preparation make a pound or two's difference?