Sunday, 15 December 2013

Alone not Lonely

Since my calendar seems ridiculously busy until mid January and then a knee operation looks imminent, I've deliberately chosen to spend this weekend, which is one that Louis is spending with his dad, largely by myself.  It's the last opportunity I'll get to be a lone wolf in a while and I'm loving it.  It's like a free little weekend retreat in my own home.

So what am I up to?  Well, reading,writing, tidying, meditating, listening to music and a bit of crafting have all been on the cards.  Amongst other things I'm having a go at the paper cutting that I'm so in awe of.  As anexactinglife pointed out in a comment on my post, it's not as straightforward as it looks. Still, I'll keep trying and hope to show some reasonable results shortly once I achieve consistent sharp cuts and not raggedy edged tears.

I know that there are others out there who do not love being alone, perhaps because lack of contact with others has been forced upon them rather than being a matter of choice.  It's a state I've been in myself in the past and those feelings of desertion aren't at all pleasant.  But for those of you where the social whirl never seems to end, clear some space and give solitude a go.  The effort is absolutely worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I like being alone for most of the day, but I do enjoy a little company in the evening. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being alone but live in a houseful of people. When everyone is out at work and I have a few hours to myself I'm in heaven. I find the holiday periods hard because, as much as I love him, with DH being a teacher he's off for weeks at a time and I don't get my quota of 'me time'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband works from home and although we get along (mostly) I do like it when he has to go to the office for a few days, with overnight stays.

    I agree lone days are better than a tonic. It's nice to have him back though.

    ReplyDelete