Sunday, 22 December 2013

Infantile iPoo

Just when I thought that I'd seen it all along comes the  CTA Digital 2-in-1 iPotty.  Yep, that's right, you are looking at a toilet training device that includes a stand for an i-Pad.   And ye gods!  There are potty training apps too.  Has the world gone stark raving mad?

For goodness sake, don't click on the link and buy it as I'll earn commission.  I prefer to earn my crust from worthier endeavours like tending the sick and making stuff, not through ill gotten gains from the sales of iCrap. It's only there so that you can read the largely incredulous and sometimes hilarious comments from reviewers. Thanks to Mr R Lang for composing this. It has to be my four star absolute favourite.

'For literally months I was wracked with guilt every time I saw my poor toddler have to pause his session of Temple Run so that he could make his own little run to his regular potty and I'm sure I would have felt guilty for longer had he been born any earlier and given me the opportunity to. The look on his poor, straining face as he sat on his traditional, analogue throne, literally feet away from a high-score was like a dagger through my heart. Although he struggled to express himself as eloquently as he wanted to on the subject, the betrayed look in his innocent eyes pierced my soul with the keening cry of "Why, father? Why? You know you never get your momentum back after coming off pause!" and I knew that there was nothing I could say or do to make it better.

Until a friend told me about the iPotty.

With its tough, colourful plastic mount leaping up from the base like the command console of a starship, my little man sits roguishly astride it like Captain Kirk (or possibly Chekov) as he swipes his way to three star-scores on whatever he turns his little mind to, without having to suffer the indignity of having to put it down just to poo. With the iPotty it now means that no call of nature need ever interrupt that 10x multiplier, and while he's still potty-training he needn't even worry about the need for hand-hygiene and can simply keep on playing until it's time for a change. In fact, these little hygiene breaks are now the only thing that gets in the way and I my wife and I are now looking for a baby-change mat with a similar screen-mount. Then again, with the iPotty's adjustable tilting bracket, it won't be too long until he can take care of such things himself without even needing to get up.

Overall I can't recommend the iPotty enough and only remove one star for the fact that it doesn't quite adjust far enough for larger users and I keep banging my knees on the underside of the frame whenever I try to give it a go myself. Imagine the time I'd save if they'd make a version for regular toilet seats!


In short, if you really care about your child's happiness and supporting their creativity and impatience you can do no better than an iPotty. I hope Santa has a strong back, because he'll be delivering a few of these to my friends and family this Christmas!'

2 comments:

  1. I suspect this has been written by someone who was paid to!!

    ReplyDelete