Monday, 16 December 2013

Fasting is Fun!

It's Monday and that makes it a fast day in my book, one where a 500 calorie intake is rigidly stuck to.   As I've mentioned before, Wednesday is the other day of the week when I restrict my food intake with a pretty much unwavering three courses of porridge, banana and then fish and vegetables for supper. And it's working.  My weight loss total now stands at around the twelve pound mark and I'm hoping to shed at least another half stone before my knee op in about six weeks time.

When I first started this way of eating, that I'm intending to stick to long term even after  I'm a ravishingly gorgeous size 10, I found my fasting days almost unbearable.  I love my grub, you see and not being able to eat what I wanted whenever seemed like torture, nay, worse than being poked with a sharp stick!

Happily things have changed.  There's been a shift in my mindset and blow me down if I don't look forward to my frugal food days.  They feel wholesome and restorative. Another thing that I've noticed is that I don't eat as much as I used to on non fasting days.  My tummy gets full really easily now. So, if you've just started a 5:2 intermittent fasting plan and are struggling, I urge you to bear with it.  Hopefully, like me you'll find that things get easier in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, it's so good when something just works for you isn't it.

    ReplyDelete