Thursday, 5 December 2013

Micro Cat Napping

I don't know what's happened to my sleep pattern at the moment.  It's completely up the creek for no discernible reason that I can fathom out.  There's no routine at all. Sometimes I fall asleep early. On other occasions I don't reach the land of Nod until after midnight. Then I'm waking up all over the place throughout the night.    As a past master of insomnia  I know it will sort itself out but it's a nuisance while it lasts.

As a consequence is that there are times  when I'm dead beat.  It happened the other afternoon. Complete exhaustion set it in the middle of the working day.  Had I have needed to drive it would have been unsafe.  That's how bad it was.

So, do you know what I did?  A retiring consultant left behind a massive leather office chair that corresponded to the size of his ego.  Mr Metrosexual purloined it and has been swinging around in it looking like a jumped up Mastermind contestant ever since.  As he was out, I snuggled up in it and had a kip. Not for the rest of the afternoon. I reckon it was only about five minutes before I was woken by the phone and had to take a call.  But I felt amazingly refreshed, perky and able to focus again.  I haven't got time to go off and do any research but here's what Wikipedia has to say about this.

1 comment:

  1. What irritates me is the fact that, in my retirement, I plan to slide into my bed to rest and relax for ten minutes whilst listening to the afternoon play on BBC 4 and, after five minutes I am dead to the world! I must be too relaxed.

    ReplyDelete